|Alabama House of Representatives District 95|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1964|
|Birthday||July 6, 1941|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
McMillan is president and owner of McMillan and Associates. He served in the United States Army Reserve from 1964 to1970.
McMillan served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Baldwin County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- County and Municipal Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Subcommittee on Government Services (County and Municipal Government)
- Subcommittee on K-12 Appropriations
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Steve McMillan was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
McMillan won re-election to the 95th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
McMillan raised $68,850 for his campaign, while Camp raised $14,660.
|Alabama State House, District 95 (2006)|
|Steve McMillan (R)||11,256|
|Frank Camp (D)||3,863|
In 2010, McMillan raised $42,275 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Retail Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Trucking Association||$3,000|
|Rep For The Future Pac||$2,500|
In 2006, McMillan collected $68,850 in donations.
Below are McMillan's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Business Council of AL||$10,000|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$5,500|
McMillan and his wife, Gayle, have three children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of November 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Steve + McMillan + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Steve McMillan
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McMillan
|Alabama House District 95
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|