|Ohio House of Representatives District 65|
|Clermont County Grand Jury Foreman|
|High school||Milford High School|
|Associate's||Clermont College, 1979|
|Bachelor's||University of Cincinnati, 1981|
|Master's||University of Cincinnati, 1987|
|Birthday||January 25, 1957|
|Place of birth||Cincinnati|
Steve Myers was born in Cincinnati and is a lifelong resident of District 65. Myers graduated from Milford Exempted Village Schools in 1975. He earned an Associate's degree in Behavioral Science and Liberal Arts/Pre-Law in 1979. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Organizational Leadership with national honors in Psychology from the University of Cincinnati in 1981. Myers later earned a M.A. in Human Resources and Employee Relations (M.A.H.R.) with national honors in Economics from the same university in 1987. Myers has held human resource positions with General Motors Corporation, General Electric Corporation, Cintas Corporation, and other Fortune-500 companies.
Myers campaigned on the following issues:
- Jobs and environment
Myers supported jobs programs that encourage renewable energy generation, environmental restoration and "green-collar" manufacturing jobs.
Myers supported a constitutional method for funding public schools.
- Bargaining rights
Myers supported collective bargaining rights.
Steve Myers ran as the Democratic nominee in the 2012 election for Ohio House, district 65. Myers announced his candidacy to a citizens at Veterans Memorial Park in Union Township on December 10, 2011. Myers was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and was challenged by John Becker in the general election on November 6, 2012. Myers marched in four parades with volunteers, and Kids by MGMT was played as his campaign song.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 65, General Election, 2012|
Myers' committee was known as Myers For Families. The organization comprised volunteers and regional co-chairs for Milford, Miami Township, Owensville, and Union Township. The group Women For Myers formed and became a large grassroots coalition supportive of Steve Myers.
In 2012, Myers was endorsed by the following:
- Barack Obama and Joe Biden
- Sherrod Brown, U.S. Senator for Ohio
- AFL-CIO Cincinnati Labor Council
- AFL-CIO Ohio
- AFSCME Ohio Power in Action Ohio Council 8 and 1184
- AFSCME Ohio Association of Public School Employees Local 4
- AFSCME Ohio Civil Service Employees Association Local 11
- Alicia Reece, Ohio's 33rd State House district
- Beth Goldenfield, Warren County Democratic Party chair
- Clermont County Democratic Party
- Connie Pillich, Ohio's 28th State House district
- Dallas Hurt, Brown County Democratic Party chair
- Dave Lane, Clermont County Democratic Party chair
- David Krikorian, three-time congressional candidate
- Denise Driehaus, Ohio's 31st State House district
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 18
- Mark Mallory, Mayor of Cincinnati
- Ohio Education Association
- Ohio Federation of Teachers
- Ohio House Democratic Caucus
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio
- Rich Jordan, President of the West Clermont Democratic Club
- Ohio Nurses Association
- Southwestern Ohio Education Association
- Ted Strickland, Former Governor of Ohio
- Tim Burk, Hamilton County Democratic Party chair
- UAW-CAP Greater Cincinnati Community Action Program Council
- United Food and Commerical Workers Union - Local 75
- United Transportation Union Local 38 Ohio State Legislature Board, railroads
Myers resides in Milford, Ohio. He has worked with the Leaders' Environmental Actions Foundation as a volunteer.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Myers + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Community Press, "Myers seeks 65th District seat," March 25, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Twitter, Women For Myers
- Myers For Families, Women
- Myers For Families, Endorsements
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |