|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives District 40|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Oregon State University|
Newgard's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
One of Us, Working For All of Us
- Excerpt: "Steve knows the people in our community and he knows the issues that are important. Steve is one of us and he will work for all of us as our State Representative."
Teaching Our Kids Their Education Matters
- Excerpt: "We need more schooling options available to families whose children are being ignored or left behind in the classroom and students need to come first so they’re in the classroom learning instead of at home because of furlough days."
Prioritizing Our Needs
- Excerpt: "As our State Representative, Steve will set new, realistic spending boundaries without raising taxes on families already hit hard by the economy."
Working Across Party Lines to Solve Our Problems
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative, Steve Newgard will work across party lines to help create jobs, improve education, support public safety and take care of our veterans and seniors. He’ll fight for these issues and the people affected by them."
Helping Our Veterans
- Excerpt: "Steve is committed to helping veterans find work when they return from deployment, navigate the challenges of getting medical or psychological help and honoring their service and their sacrifices. He will make sure our veterans are taken care of because they have taken care of our freedoms and our liberty."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Brent Barton was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Steve Newgard was unopposed in the Republican primary. Barton also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Barton defeated Newgard in the general election.
Newgard ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 40. Newgard was unopposed in the May 15 Republican primary and was defeated by Brent Barton (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 40, General Election, 2012|
Newgard and his wife Linda have two grown sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Newgard + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 40
- Official campaign website
- Steve Newgard on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Vote Steve Newgard, "Issues," accessed August 29, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- Stevenewgard.com, "About Steve," accessed October 5, 2012 (dead link)