|Illinois House of Representatives District 88|
|Birthday||March 14, 1965|
|Place of birth||Quincy, MA|
Perry's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Personal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Each person is largely the product of his or her choices, attitude, and hard work. People can let their circumstances dictate their life conditions, or they can decide to start from their current situation and seek to better themselves."
- Excerpt: "Small business people are often expected to bear the burden of the welfare of their employees but are given no safety net for their own wellbeing. This is unfair. We must reform workman’s comp and unemployment insurance so that employees bear a risk proportionate with that of employers."
- Small Government
- Excerpt: "We must prune back the tree of government. In order to get the cost of government in line with the revenues, it is time to cut back its size."
- The Value of Family
- Excerpt: "I support and advocate for healthy traditional families."
- The Value of Life
- Excerpt: "I support a consistent view of life. If death is declared after there is no heartbeat or brainwaves, then how can a pre-born life not be granted legal protections after one has either or both of those features?"
- Gambling Industry Expansion
- Excerpt: "I oppose the expansion of an industry that preys on the most financially impoverished and facilitates an addiction in a sizable number of people."
- Excerpt: "Illinois has a massive liability in the pension program. This can grow no longer."
- Concealed Carry
- Excerpt: "I believe it is each person’s right to protect himself or herself. For those who are pursued by a stalker or violent ex-spouse, for example, such rights are especially important."
- School Choice
- Excerpt: "Many taxpaying citizens find that they do not trust or respect the public education provided in the public school to which their children are assigned."
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 88 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Keith Sommer Incumbent||71.9%||10,371|
Perry and his wife, Kay Lynn, have three children.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |