Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arkansas State Senate, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 14, 2014|
John Cooper (R) defeated Steve Rockwell (D) in the special election, which took place on January 14. Rockwell and Radius Baker advanced past Gene Roebuck and Ray Kidd in the Democratic primary. Rockwell defeated Baker in the Democratic primary runoff. Dan Sullivan and Cooper advanced past Chad Niell in the Republican primary. Cooper defeated Sullivan in the Republican primary runoff.
A special election for the position of Arkansas State Senate District 21 was called for January 14, with a primary on October 8, 2013. A primary runoff took place on November 12, 2013. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was September 6, 2013.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 21, Special Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Rockwell + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- sos.arkansas.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed September 9, 2013
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 30, 2014
- therepublic.com, "GOP, Democrats each headed to runoff for Ark. Senate seat in special election," October 8, 2013
- kait8.com, "AR State Senate District 21 Primary Final Results," November 12, 2013
- arkansasmatters.com, "Gov. Beebe Sets Special Election to Replace Recently Resigned Senator," August 28, 2013