|Former candidate for|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Roe's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Clean Air & Water
- Excerpt: "Clean air and water are directly tied to public health. Public health includes not only the health of our people, but also the health of our lands, water and air."
- Excerpt: "To compete locally and globally Iowa needs to invest in improving its infrastructure. We must make investments in our broadband capabilities throughout Iowa. We must also invest in our transportation system, fixing our crumbling infrastructure and investing in new technologies such as high-speed rail."
Affordable, Quality Education
- Excerpt: "A strong, quality education system should be accessible to all Iowa children. We must invest in all levels of Iowa schools, from pre-K to college. Preschool is a vital investment to ensure our students are prepared to thrive in our K-12 system."
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Steve Roe was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Clel Baudler was unopposed in the Republican primary. Roe faced Baudler in the general election. Incumbent Baudler defeated Roe in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 20, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Clel Baudler Incumbent||59.8%||6,358|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Roe + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- steveroeforiowa.com, "Issues," accessed September 25, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- The Des Moines Register, "Election2014," accessed November 4, 2014
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |