|Oklahoma State Senate District 45|
|Elections and appointments|
|Bachelor's||Ouachita Baptist University, 1985|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Russell received a B.A. in public speaking from Ouachita Baptist University in 1985. He also earned his M.A. in Military History from the Command and General Staff College at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas in 1998. Prior to serving as a state senator, Russell served in the United States Army as a Lieutenant Colonel Russell for 21 years. Russell is highly decorated, having received the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star Medal with Valor Device and Oak Leaf Cluster, the Combat Infantryman's Badge, the Valorous Unit Award and also holds the coveted Airborne and Ranger qualifications.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Russell served on these committees:
- Natural Resources and Regulatory Services (Appropriations) Subcommittee
- Business and Labor
- Public Safety and Homeland Security, Vice Chair
- Retirements and Insurance
- Veterans and Military Affairs
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2012
Russell did not run for re-election in 2012.
Below are Russell's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Marshall Brackin (Energy & Natural Resources)||$5,000|
|Michael J. Calvey (Finance, Insurance & Real Estate)||$5,000|
|J. Larry Nichols (Energy & Natural Resources)||$5,000|
|Ralph L. Harvey (President/Marlin Oil Corporation)||$5,000|
|Greater Oklahoma City Legislative Committee||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Russell + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Russell is married to his wife, Cindy, and has five children.
- Senator Russell's campaign
- Oklahoma Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008
|Oklahoma State Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|
Kyle D. Loveless (R)