Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 77|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa|
Sherman attended the University of Iowa, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Communication Studies.
Sherman's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The best way to help Iowa's employers to begin hiring people and investing in their businesses is to do two things: address property taxes and control government spending."
- Excerpt:"State government must do what it can to foster the family unit in Iowa. Husbands and wives, raising children together on this great adventure of life."
- Excerpt:"No more just throwing money at it and no more just shuffling kids through! If a kid is behind, for whatever reason, they must be brought up to speed. We can do it. Teachers need our help to do it, but it can be done."
- Excerpt:"Iowa has a rich history of deeply religious citizens. Separation of Church and State doesn't translate into a people with no faith. In fact, our type of government does not function correctly without a people guided by a set of morals established by religious faith. We must continue to encourage faith in Iowa."
Sherman ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 77. Sherman ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012, and was defeated by Sally Stutsman (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
Sherman and Amy, his wife of 18 years, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Sherman + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Steve Sherman on Facebook
- Steve Sherman on Twitter
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |