|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 36|
|Profession||Self Employed, L&S Construction|
Sweeney ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 36. Sweeney advanced unopposed in the May 8 primary election and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Sweeney was defeated as one of fourteen candidates running for the seven positions in District 30 on the ballot in the November 2, 2010 general election. He was opposed in the general election by Republican candidates Michael Scott Hall, Brian F. Hicks, Fred Joseph, Eric Nelson, Jim Strawn, and Daniel "Rick" Barnett; Democratic incumbents Bonnie Brown, Nancy Guthrie, Barbara Hatfield, Mark Hunt, Douglas Skaff, Jr., Sharon Spencer, and Danny Wells. Only the top seven vote-getters were elected.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Sweeney + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- WBOY.com "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 11, 2010," accessed February 11, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |