Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 2|
|February 11, 2014 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||February 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Thomas S. "Steve" Tarvin will face L.E. "Ebeth" Edwards and Rebecca Ann Brown in the Republican primary.
A special election for the position of Georgia House of Representatives District 2 was called for January 7, with a runoff if necessary on February 4. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 20, 2013. The seat was vacant following Jay Neal's (R) resignation to serve as executive director of the Governor’s Office of Transition, Support and Re-entry. Republicans Neal Florence, Steve Tarvin and Doug Woodruff faced off in the special election, which took place on January 7. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top-two vote-getters - Tarvin and Florence - met in a runoff on February 4, which Tarvin won.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 2, Runoff Election, 2014|
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 2, Special Election, 2014|
Tarvin ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 2. Tarvin was defeated by incumbent Jay Neal in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jay Neal Incumbent||57%||5,027|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Tarvin + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Steve Tarvin on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- Associated Press "Results" Accessed July 31, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- daltondailycitizen.com, "Neal appointment means special election coming up," November 2, 2013
- sos.ga.gov, "Secretary of State Kemp Sets Qualifying Dates for the Special Elections in State House District 2 and State House District 22," November 12, 2013
- qual.sos.state.ga.us, "Official candidate list," accessed November 21, 2013
- wrcbtv.com, "Northwest Georgia special election results," January 7, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 22, 2014
- Dalton Daily Citizen, "Tarvin wins runoff for state House seat," February 4, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official runoff election results," accessed March 14, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
Jay Neal (R)
|Georgia House of Representatives District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |