|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Unger's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will make it a priority to produce, recruit, and retain highly qualified educators at all levels to insure that our citizens receive an outstanding education. The way in which we compensate our educators should reflect our respect for the teaching profession."
- Excerpt: "As a candidate, I have made protecting and preserving our environment to be a key campaign issue. This includes wise stewardship and protection of our air quality, waterways, farmlands, forests, wetlands, watersheds, and barrier islands."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I will work closely with businesses and economic development organizations to help bring new jobs to Pender and Onslow counties by smart recruitment and showcasing our area assets including great schools, a clean environment and educated workforce."
- Excerpt: "Every person should be entitled to basic health care, regardless of income or geographic location. To that end I support the Affordable Care Act commonly referred to as Obamacare – that has been the law of the land since March 2010."
- Excerpt: "As your representative, I pledge to fight discrimination in all forms— whether based on race, sex, ethnicity, national origin, language, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Chris Millis was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Steve Unger was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Millis defeated Unger in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 16 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Chris Millis Incumbent||66.5%||14,049|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steve + Unger + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 16
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Steve Unger on Facebook
- Steve Unger on Twitter
- steveungernchouse.com, "Issues," accessed August 19, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |