|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 37|
|November 17, 2010 - Present|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years total in state legislative chambers|
Vaughan's professional experience includes working as a securities and insurance advisor for the last 25 years, and owning Buffalo Walker Ranch hunting preserve with his son Steven.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Vaughan served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Wildlife, Vice-chair|
|• Long-Term Care and Senior Services|
|• Public Safety|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Vaughan served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Wildlife, and Environment|
|• Public Safety|
Elections for the office of Oklahoma House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent Steve Vaughan was unopposed in the Republican primary. Vaughan is unchallenged in the general election.
Vaughan ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Oklahoma House District 37. He ran unopposed in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Nancy L. Niemann in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 37, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Steve Vaughan Incumbent||59.1%||7,710|
Vaughan ran in the 2010 election for Oklahoma State House District 37. Vaughan defeated Democratic incumbent Ken Luttrell in the general election on November 2, 2010. Vaughan was unopposed in the primary election on July 27, 2010.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 37|
|Steve Vaughan (R)||5,028|
|Ken Luttrell (D)||4,534|
Comprehensive donor information for Steve Vaughan is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Steve Vaughan raised a total of $120,797 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 22, 2013.
|Steve Vaughan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 37||$55,231|
|2010||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 37||$65,566|
|Grand Total Raised||$120,797|
2012Steve Vaughan won re-election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Steve Vaughan raised a total of $55,231.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Vaughan's campaign in 2012|
|Renfro, Carl R||$6,000|
|Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$55,231|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Steve Vaughan won election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Steve Vaughan raised a total of $65,566.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steve Vaughan's campaign in 2010|
|Vaughan, Steven Eric||$10,000|
|Grow Oklahoma PAC||$5,000|
|Oklahoma City Business Council||$5,000|
|Oklahomans For A Healthy Future||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$65,566|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Vaughan and his wife, Diana, have five children, Steven, Christopher, Ashley, Matthew and Amber.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Vaughan + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Steve Vaughan," accessed May 28, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Oklahoma Candidates for State Elective Office 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results Primary Election — July 27, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results Runoff Primary Election — August 24, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results General Election — November 2, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Vaughan, Steve," accessed July 22, 2013
Ken Luttrell (D)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 37
| Succeeded by|
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |