|Wyoming House of Representatives District 25|
|Bachelor's||History, University of Maryland, University College|
|Associate's||Information Systems, Community College of the Air Force|
|Master's||History, History, Portland State University|
|Ph.D.||Political Science, West Virginia University|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||1989 - 1999|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate for District 25
of the Wyoming House of Representatives
Walker's campaign website describes the following issue positions:
- Agriculture, Economic Growth and the Global Economy
- Excerpt: "With the recently enacted U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement, the door is wide open to increase our exports and especially our agricultural exports to that country. With Steve's knowledge of political affairs in Korea, he is the right person at the right time to help Park County and Wyoming walk through that door."
- Excerpt: "Without a world class education system, we cannot have a world class economy or a world class military. Without a strong education foundation, we will no longer have the world's largest and most vibrant economy or the world's most powerful military."
- Energy Production, Jobs, and the Future
- Excerpt: "We need an energy strategy that includes every aspect of energy production, efficient use, and conservation. ...We must be able to develop all of our natural resources, including the traditional sources of energy like oil, natural gas, and coal. We must also strive to be at the forefront of new energy technologies like wind, solar, geothermal and improved nuclear power generation."
- Excerpts: "Integrity." "Hard Work." "Perseverance."
- Veteran Transition and Active Duty
- Excerpt: "If elected, I will introduce legislation calling for a one-stop-shop for veterans returning to Wyoming to help them transition as smoothly as possible from the military back to civilian life."
- See also: Wyoming House of Representatives elections, 2012
Walker ran in the 2012 election for the Wyoming House of Representatives District 25. He was defeated by Dave Blevins in the Republican primary on August 21, 2012.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 25 Republican Primary, 2012
| Billy Greaham
| Steve Walker
| David Kellett
Walker has a wife, Kristine, and two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Walker + Wyoming + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found