Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts State Senate District Second Suffolk and Middlesex District|
|Place of birth||Somerville, MA|
Aylward's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Reviving our economy
- Excerpt:"Private investment in our economy should be promoted and rewarded. Government should not be the adversary of business."
- Excerpt:"In short, Massachusetts' revenue woes are caused because our tax code discourages economic activity and growth. By lowering taxes we can stimulate job creation, thus expanding the base."
- Excerpt:"Like all government programs, too much money is wasted on top-heavy administrative bureaucracy. So we need to start thinking about comprehensive education reform in Commonwealth. Everything needs to be put on the table in this discussion, including teacher testing, as well as incentives for performance both at the school and classroom level."
- Excerpt:"Too often those who have been rejected at the ballot box by voters are quickly provided with a golden parachute. They wind up working for some state agency or "independent authority" at a very handsome salary. This practice must stop."
- Excerpt:"Those municipalities, which declare themselves sanctuary cities, should be denied all forms of local aid. Legislation should be passed making it illegal for municipalities to declare themselves sanctuary cities."
Aylward ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts State Senate District Second Suffolk and Middlesex District. He ran unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent William N. Brownsberger (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts State Senate, Second Suffolk and Middlesexk District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||William Brownsberger Incumbent||76.4%||45,852|
Aylward and his wife Patricia have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steven + Aylward + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Steven Aylward on Facebook