|Idaho House of Representatives District 21A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Harris served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Human Resources|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Steven C. Harris was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Harris won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 21A. He defeated Parrish Miller and Robert Simison in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012, and defeated Craig R. Kreiser (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 21A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Steven C. Harris||64.6%||12,675|
|Democratic||Craig R. Kreiser||35.4%||6,942|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 21A Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Harris is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Harris raised a total of $14,095 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Steven Harris's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 21A||$14,095|
|Grand Total Raised||$14,095|
2012Harris won election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Harris raised a total of $14,095.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steven Harris's campaign in 2012|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$750|
|Idaho Power Co.||$500|
|Committee to Elect Mike Moyle||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,095|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Harris received a score of 142 points in the 2013 index, ranking 1st out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steven + Harris + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Rep. Harris' website
- Steven Harris on Facebook
- Steven Harris on Twitter
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed April 11, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Harris, Steven C," accessed December 12, 2013
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
John Vander Woude (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 21A
| Succeeded by|