Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Texas State Senate, District 31|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Sul Ross State University|
Gibson earned his B.S. from Sul Ross State University in biology. He minored in geology.
Gibson currently works as an independent petroleum landman.
Gibson submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||If elected I would return control of education to the local level, do away with property taxes, support the Second Amendment and nullify any federal laws, edicts or regulations that are unconstitutional.||”|
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Kel Seliger defeated Mike Canon in the Republican primary. Seliger defeated Steven Gibson (L) in the general election.
|Texas State Senate, District 31 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kel Seliger Incumbent||90.4%||107,030|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Steven + Gibson + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on February 12, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014