Alabama House of Representatives, District 62
|Political party||Constitution Party|
Kneussle served in the United States Navy for six years. He has also served as a volunteer firefighter and EMT. Kneussle attended the following schools: Shelton State Community College, Alabama State Fire College, U.S. Navy Nuclear Propulsion School, Chaminade University, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Delta Connection Academy, and Regional Airline Academy. Kneussle is currently employed as a commercial airline pilot.
Kneussle's website listed the following issues:
- Alabama Constitution Rewrite
- Excerpt: "Opposed to the rewrite of the Alabama State Constitution which is being conducted with no public oversight or input, by private entities whose interests originate outside our state and country."
- Cap and Trade
- Excerpt: "We need to oppose Cap and Trade and support sensible measures of protecting our environment."
- Consumer Rights
- Excerpt: "Introduce legislation that will provide legal standing for consumers to dispute billing errors and to protect consumers from harassment by bill collectors."
- Excerpt: "We need to spend our tax dollars more efficiently and prevent government from having an open checkbook to use on anything in the name of education. I also support vouchers for homeschooling and private school."
- Excerpt: "I will introduce or support a bill to mandate a state-wide recycling program."
- Family Rights
- Excerpt: "Introduce an equal joint-shared parenting bill allowing children of divorce to spend more than 4 days per month with their non-custodial parent."
- Financial Security for our State
- Excerpt: "We need to take steps to ensure our financial freedom. I am exploring the feasibility for our State to mint silver and gold coins as currency in this state."
- Excerpt: "I strongly oppose casino-style gambling in Alabama."
- Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "I intend to introduce legislation to allow the manufacture and sale of firearms within the state to be excluded from federal regulations."
- Healthcare Reform
- Excerpt: "I support legislation aimed at eliminated frivolous lawsuits which drive health insurance costs up. I also support capping the amount that can be charged for certain tests and procedures."
- Property Rights
- Excerpt: "Committed to ensuring that property rights are constitutionally protected."
- Separation of Church and State
- Excerpt: "I will support prayer in our public schools and the display of the Ten Commandments at our centers of State and local government."
- State Sovereignty
- Excerpt: "I will introduce or support strong legislation asserting our tenth amendment right as protected by the U.S. Constitution."
- Excerpt: "The way to stimulate the economy is to cut taxes."
- Universal Health Care
- Excerpt: "I am strongly opposed to universal health care. This will impose taxes on health care coverage negotiated by labor unions resulting in increased cost to the employee."
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 62 General Election (2010)|
|John Merrill (R)||11,658|
|Steven Kneussle (C)||1,694|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|