Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 89|
|High school||Sandusky High School|
|Bachelor's||Troy State University|
|Other||Auctioneering License at Walton School of Auctioneering, Real Estate License from Ohio Business College.|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Profession||Real estate agent, auctioneer|
On his 2012 campaign website, Kraus outlines his campaign themes and approach to policy:
- "Steve is a fiscal conservative who believes that the taxpayers know best how to spend their money. He is a strong advocate for accountability, and would champion the call for Congress to live under the same laws it passes. Steve believes in a common, no nonsense approach to spending; live within your means attitude. As a liaison working between contractors and the government, Steve saw firsthand the fraud, waste, and misuse of taxpayer dollars. He believes that government must be limited in the money they are allowed to spend."
February 4, 2012
- On Saturday, February 4, candidates Kaptur, Kucinich, Veysey, and Kraus participated in a debate held at Sandusky's Ebenezer Baptist Church. The debate was hosted by the NAACP. Coverage of the debate can be found here.
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Chris Redfern was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Steven Kraus was unopposed in the Republican primary. Redfern and Kraus will face off in the general election.
|U.S. House, Ohio's 9th Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Steven + Kraus + Ohio + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 89
- Toledo Blade, "Auctioneer from Huron to oppose 'Plumber'," accessed January 19
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," accessed March 6, 2012
- [Email from candidate Accessed July 22, 2012]
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |