|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 97|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mentzer served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging & Older Adult Services, Secretary|
|• Human Services|
|• Labor & Industry|
|• Urban Affairs|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Steven Mentzer was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Charles Hample was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mentzer and Hample will face off in the general election.
Mentzer ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 97. Mentzer was selected to replace incumbent John Bear after he announced he would return to the private sector instead of seeking re-election. He was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 97, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Steven Mentzer Incumbent||100%||25,071|
Comprehensive donor information for Steven Mentzer is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Steven Mentzer raised a total of $13,031 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 16, 2013.
|Steven Mentzer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 97||$13,031|
|Grand Total Raised||$13,031|
2012Steven Mentzer won election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Steven Mentzer raised a total of $13,031.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Steven Mentzer's campaign in 2012|
|Pennsylvania Republican Party||$5,631|
|Lancaster General Health Pac||$500|
|Bear, John C||$500|
|Smucker for Senate||$500|
|Hartman Underhill & Brubaker Llp||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,031|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Liberty City LGBT Democratic Club: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their support for legislation related to LGBT equality.
- Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates: Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on bills related to reproductive freedom and family planning.
Mentzer is married to his wife, Sally.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Steven + Mentzer + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Mentzer, Steven," accessed September 16, 2013
John Bear (R)
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |