|Utah House of Representatives District 17|
|September 1, 2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||September 1, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Utah|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Barlow served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
Barlow's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Taxes And The Economy
- Excerpt:"Utah’s balanced budget law ensures that state government lives within its means. However, that doesn’t stop government from increasing “the pie” by raising taxes, I will stand strongly in opposition to tax increases."
- Excerpt:"Government should not be in the health care business. The free market approach is preferable to leaving decisions to bureaucrats. More freedom to choose and innovate will keep our health care the best in the world."
- Excerpt:"I believe in respect for the rule of law. We cannot turn a blind eye to the problems created by illegal immigration but we must balance this with the realities we now face since the federal government has been derelict in its duty to protect our borders."
- Excerpt:"A vibrant economy depends on a well-educated work force and in order for our state to remain competitive we must focus on continual improvement of our education system. I believe we are moving into a new and exciting education world thanks to online learning."
Barlow won re-election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 17. Barlow was unopposed in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Bonnie Peterson Flint (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stewart Barlow Incumbent||70.7%||11,205|
|Democratic||Bonnie Peterson Flint||29.3%||4,652|
Comprehensive donor information for Barlow is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Barlow raised a total of $16,810 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Stewart Barlow's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 17||$16,810|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,810|
2012Barlow won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Barlow raised a total of $16,810.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stewart Barlow's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$3,500|
|Utah Society Of Anesthesiologists||$2,000|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$1,000|
|Pcm Venture I||$1,000|
|Utah Medical Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,810|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Stewart Barlow received a score of 100% in the 2012 scorecard.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stewart + Barlow + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rolly: Tea partyers go wild with PB&J and godless democracies - Salt Lake Tribune
- Rolly: Tea partiers go wild with PB&J and godless democracies - Salt Lake Tribune
- Rep. Gage Froerer predicts cannabis bill will pass - El Est
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|Utah House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|