|U.S. House, Minnesota, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 12, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Vice President of Mills Fleet Farm|
Mills has spent most of his professional career involved in the operations of Mills Fleet Farm, a family business. He is currently the vice president of the farm, and he has also started various other projects, including an indoor shooting range and a television series.
- B.A., Business Administration, Northwood University
Mills came under fire for pictures of him partying that were published on the Minneapolis City Pages in November 2013. One of the pictures showed him drinking from a beer bong. Another picture showed him licking the lips of an unidentified woman. The pictures were said to have originated from his wife's Facebook account and were taken down prior to his run for office. Mills released a statement on November 22, 2013. He said, "It's no secret that in the past I've let my hair down to have fun with family and friends. My wife and I have had many lighthearted moments in our lives but right now I am focused on my Congressional campaign and the disastrous effects of our overreaching government and sky high unemployment in the north eastern Minnesota [sic]."
Mills is a strong advocate for gun rights, and is well know for a YouTube video from January of 2013 in which he speaks out against Rick Nolan's position on gun control. Nolan, the current representative from Mills' district, wanted to crack down on assault weapons in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Mills responded with a video in which he compared the damage done by a shotgun to the damage done by a Huldra AR-15, saying that a shotgun is actually more destructive, and that limiting Second Amendment rights is not the proper solution to prevent school shootings. 
Mills is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Minnesota's 8th District. Mills is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
The National Republican Congressional Committee added Mills to their "On the Radar" list in November 2013. According to the NRCC, candidates that make this list receive "...the tools they need to run successful, winning campaigns against their Democratic opponents."
Mills was endorsed by the following Minnesota state legislators:
|Stewart Mills (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0||$243,826.30||$(9,383.77)||$234,442.53|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$234,442.53||$205,263.98||$(133,416.76)||$306,289.75|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stewart + Mills + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Minnesota's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Minnesota's 8th Congressional District
- Stewart Mills for Congress, "About Stewart Mills," accessed March 17, 2014
- Minneapolis City Pages, "Stewart Mills, GOP congressional candidate, hits a beer bong," accessed November 23, 2013
- YouTube, "Duck Hunting Shotgun Proven To Be more Dangerous Than A Huldra AR-15," accessed March 18, 2014
- CBS Minnesota, "YouTube Video: Hunting Rifles More Dangerous Than Semi-Automatics," accessed March 18, 2014
- Minnesota Public Radio, "Stewart Mills to run for 8th Dist. seat," accessed July 17, 2013
- Roll Call, "House Republicans Put 36 Recruits ‘On the Radar’," accessed November 21, 2013
- NRCC Young Guns, "List," accessed March 20, 2014
- Politics in Minnesota, "Stewart Mills announces GOP endorsements for CD 8 bid," accessed November 23, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Stewart Mills October Quarterly," accessed March 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Stewart Mills Year-End," accessed March 19, 2014