|U.S. House, Texas, District 25|
Gourd is an attorney. He worked as both an unemployment hearing officer and a hearing officer supervisor for the Texas Workforce Commission.
Gourd's campaign website listed the following issues:
- On unemployment benefits
- Excerpt: "Not only will long-term unemployed people suffer if we lose emergency unemployment benefits, but the Economic Policy Institute calculates that many jobs will be lost as a result of the failure of that money to circulate through the economy. We need to prevent the loss of those jobs."
- On privatization
- Excerpt: "Privatization is often used to siphon wealth away from the people. A report by the group "In The Public Interest" shows that privatization of many of our government's functions is failing on many levels."
- On corporate welfare
- Excerpt: "It is irresponsible for our country to be providing welfare to big corporate interests at a time when our economic activity is skewed against the poor and the middle class."
- On health care
- Excerpt: "We absolutely need universal health care. Once we get that, we can create clear paths for routine visits, acute care, chronic disease management, end-of-life care, and emergencies. And it is vital that we get costs reduced...looking at what every other country on Earth charges for health care makes it obvious that in the worst case, we are getting fleeced, and in the best case, we are not getting the best value for our health care dollars."
- On income disparity
- Excerpt: "It is good news that our economy is improving, but we need to all work together to create policies that extend those gains to hard-working poor and middle-class across the country. We all look around us and see a distribution of wealth that looks like what it was in the years approaching the Great Depression."
|U.S. House, Texas District 25 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State (timed out)|
|Stuart Gourd (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 27, 2014||$0||$4,380||$(3,180)||$1,200|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stuart + Gourd + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 25th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 25th Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "About," accessed January 27, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 27, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Stuart Gourd Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |