|Top official:||Michelle Rhee|
The mission statement of the association is:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||Our mission is to build a national movement to defend the interests of children in public education and pursue transformative reform, so that America has the best education system in the world.||”|
—StudentsFirst's website, (2014), 
Ballot measure activity
California: In 2014, StudentsFirst is expected to support passage of the California Teacher Performance Initiative ballot measure, which was filed with the Attorney General of California by a StudentsFirst consultant, Matt David.
School board activity
California: Parents and Teachers for Putting Students First, a Super PAC affiliated with StudentsFirst, contributed $250,000 to the Coalition for School Reform in the Los Angeles Unified School District school board election in 2013. The Coalition for School Reform supported a slate of three candidates in the general election on May 21, 2013. The organization's campaign manager stated that its goals included supporting district Superintendent John Deasy, reforming teacher evaluations and creating new charter schools. Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg also contributed $1 million to the Coalition for School Reform.
New York: StudentsFirst contributed $3,000 and provided an additional in-kind contribution of $384.57 in data files to Buffalo school board candidate and local businessman Larry Quinn. Quinn is running for one of three at-large seats on the board in the general election on May 6, 2014. When he announced his candidacy, Quinn criticized controversial Superintendent Pamela Brown as inexperienced and incapable of leading the school district.
State legislative activity
California: StudentsFirst contributed over $1 million in 2012 to various candidates for the California State Legislature. This included support for Democrats Ian Calderon, Cheryl Brown and Brian Johnson. Calderon, Brown and Johnson faced opponents funded by the California Teachers Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "StudentsFirst + education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Adolfo Guzman-Lopez, Southern California Public Radio, "California ballot measure would base teacher layoffs on performance, not seniority," December 24, 2013
- StudentsFirst, "About StudentsFirst," accessed January 5, 2014
- StudentsFirst, "Our Mission," accessed March 24, 2014
- Howard Blume, Los Angeles Times, "Michelle Rhee group donates $250,000 to candidates in LAUSD races," February 20, 2013
- Adolfo Guzman-Lopez, Southern California Public Radio, "LA Unified school board race could break fundraising records this election," February 14, 2013
- The Buffalo News, "School board financial disclosures," April 12, 2014
- The Buffalo News, "Quinn announces bid for School Board seat," February 27, 2014
- Sacramento Bee, "Michelle Rhee's consultant introduces California ballot measure," December 17, 2013