|Top official:||Michelle Rhee|
The mission statement of the association is:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||Our mission is to build a national movement to defend the interests of children in public education and pursue transformative reform, so that America has the best education system in the world.||”|
—StudentsFirst's website, (2014), 
Ballot measure activity
In 2014, StudentsFirst is expected to support passage of the California Teacher Performance Initiative ballot measure, which was filed with the Attorney General of California by a StudentsFirst consultant, Matt David.
State legislative activity
California: StudentsFirst contributed over $1 million in 2012 to various candidates for the California State Legislature. This included support for Democrats Ian Calderon, Cheryl Brown and Brian Johnson. Calderon, Brown and Johnson faced opponents funded by the California Teachers Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "StudentsFirst + education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Adolfo Guzman-Lopez, Southern California Public Radio, "California ballot measure would base teacher layoffs on performance, not seniority," December 24, 2013
- StudentsFirst, "About StudentsFirst," accessed January 5, 2014
- StudentsFirst, "Our Mission," accessed March 24, 2014
- Sacramento Bee, "Michelle Rhee's consultant introduces California ballot measure," December 17, 2013