|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 93|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Counts' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe that our public school teachers are paid too little (ranks 46th in nation), and that North Carolina can NOT keep the best and most qualified teachers with the current pay scale. I believe that our teachers should be given a pay increase for completing a master’s degree. I believe that we should be increasing the number of Preschool slots for at-risk four year olds. I believe that the “voucher” system would weaken our Public School System."
- Excerpt: "I remain very concerned that the current North Carolina administration is pushing to privatize the state’s economic development efforts by turning them over to a nonprofit corporation that will be funded by public and private money. Once elected to the NC House, District 93, I will work with existing economic development/entrepreneurial groups in both counties to assess the needs in our two counties. I am presently in the process of speaking with some of these leaders."
- Excerpt: "Fracking is a controversial method of removing natural gas from deep in bedrock. It has been linked to polluted well water in Pennsylvania and elsewhere and to a multitude of earthquakes in Oklahoma and Texas, a most unusual development in that part of our nation."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Jonathan Jordan was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Sue Counts was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Counts and Jordan will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sue + Counts + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 93
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sue Counts on Twitter
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |