Sue E. Boldra
|Sue E. Boldra|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 111|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Canton High School|
Boldra earned her B.S. in Education from McPherson College. Her professional experience includes teaching.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Boldra served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
|• Utilities and Telecommunications|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Boldra served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Energy and Environment|
|• Utilities and Telecommunications|
Boldra's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: " I will be a champion of agricultural interests in the Kansas Senate."
Protecting Small Business
- Excerpt: "We must secure an environment conducive to job creation and entrepreneurship, an environment in which our sons and daughters can generate a prosperous future for their families, and a place where home ownership is the rule rather than the exception."
- Excerpt: "I believe that we should be committed to exploring alternative energies that take advantage of the innovative capacity that Americans possess. The need to find alternative."
- Excerpt: "It is only through education that we can keep our economy strong and our form of government secure."
- Excerpt: "I pledge to work tirelessly to ensure that rural health care facilities and their staff receive all of the resources that they need so Kansans get the best care possible."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. James Leiker was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Sue Boldra was unopposed in the Republican primary. Boldra defeated Leiker in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 111, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Sue Boldra Incumbent||57.3%||4,472|
Boldra won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 111. She was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated incumbent Eber E. Phelps (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 110, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Eber Phelps Incumbent||45%||4,387|
Comprehensive donor information for Boldra is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Boldra raised a total of $25,553 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 24, 2013.
|Sue E. Boldra's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 111||$25,553|
|Grand Total Raised||$25,553|
2012Boldra won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Boldra raised a total of $25,553.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sue E. Boldra's campaign in 2012|
|Ellis County Repub Central Comm||$1,250|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,127|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$25,553|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Sue E. Boldra received a score of 60.0% in the 2013 index.
Boldra and her husband, Carl, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sue + Boldra + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Boldra's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Sue Boldra on Facebook
- Sue Boldra on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "sueboldra," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Boldra, Sue E.," accessed June 24, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Eber Phelps (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 111
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |