|Birthday||February 08, 1952|
|Place of birth||New Jersey|
Lowden was a chairwoman of the Nevada Republican Party and a member of the Nevada State Senate from 1992 to 1997. Lowden has also been a television news anchor and a kindergarten teacher.
Lowden served as the Senate Majority Whip and the Chairman of the Senate Taxation Committee.
Lowden is running for election to the office of Lieutenant Governor. She officially announced her campaign on October 2, 2013. “I am uniquely qualified for this particular job,” she said in an interview in Sante Fe. “If I didn’t feel a sense of public service about this job, about my being competent to move this state forward, then I wouldn’t be doing it. But I think this is a critical juncture in this state.” Republican Governor of Nevada Brian Sandoval has already endorsed Senator Mark Hutchison in the race. Lowden admitted that he offered to endorse her for a different office, but she felt she would do best as lieutenant governor. Lowden is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on June 10, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
- See also: U.S. Senate Race, Nevada, 2010
Lowden ran in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate in 2010. The winner would challenge Majority Leader Harry Reid. Although Lowden entered the race as a favorite, Sharron Angle ultimately won the primary race. Harry Reid went on to win the re-election to the position.
After Lowden's Senate race in 2010, her consulting firm, Vitale & Associates, claimed she and her campaign, Sue Lowden for U.S. Senate, still owed $532,000 from the race. The firm still claims that Lowden herself promised to pay vendors out of her pocket and should be held liable for $77,000. Lowden's attorney, Abran Vigil, stated they will “will vigorously defend against Vitale’s claims.” Earlier this year, an appeals court in Ohio upheld a lower court verdict that said Lowden wasn’t personally responsible for about $200,000 owed to consultant Rex Elsass.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sue + Lowden + Nevada + Lieutenant Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sandoval campaign launches muscular ground game today - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Sandoval campaign launches muscular ground game - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Laxalt to declare candidacy for AG - KRNV My News 4
- County Republicans get organized - Elko Daily Free Press
- Henderson/Anthem Neighborhood News, Jan. 14-20, 2014 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Hutchison addresses LEDC - Laughlin Times
- Fields of dreams - Reno News & Review
- Company stiffed by Lowden campaign seeks contempt citation - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Yes, there is a Santa, even for public officials - Las Vegas Review-Journal (blog)
- Candidate touts her youth, not hypocrisy - Las Vegas Review-Journal (blog)
Lwden resides in Las Vegas with Paul Lowden, her husband of 26 years. Paul is a businessman. Together they have 4 children,Christopher, Jennifer, Paul IV and William (1986-2004), and one grandchild, Vanessa.
State of Nevada
Carson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Conservation and Natural Resources | Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation | Chairman of Public Utilities Commission |