|Illinois House of Representatives District 96|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University|
|Master's||Eastern Illinois University|
Scherer earned her B.S. from Illinois State University and her M.S from Eastern Illinois University. Her professional experience includes working as a teacher.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Scherer served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Economic Development|
|• Higher Education|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 18, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Sue Scherer will face Gina Lathan in the Democratic primary, while Michael B. Bell will face Landon Laubhan in the Republican primary.
Scherer won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 96. Scherer defeated Sam Cahnman and Winston Taylor in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Dennis Ross Shackelford (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 96, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 96 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Scherer is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Scherer raised a total of $737,126 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Sue Scherer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 96||$737,126|
|Grand Total Raised||$737,126|
2012Scherer won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Scherer raised a total of $737,126.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sue Scherer's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$242,521|
|Democratic Party of Illinois||$116,997|
|Illinois Education Association||$70,000|
|Friends of Michael J Madigan||$37,961|
|Total Raised in 2012||$737,126|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Scherer's endorsements included the following:
- Dick Durbin - US Senator
- Doris Turner - Springfield Ward 3 Alderman
- Jehan Gordon - IL House of Representatives
- Illinois Education Association (IEA)
- Illinois Federation of Teachers (IFT)
Scherer and her husband, Brad, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sue + Scherer + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- State of the State to include clean water program - Herald & Review
- Bernard Schoenburg: Illinois House candidate Mike Bell changes view, opposes ... - The State Journal-Register
- Fundraising fuels 13th Congress race - Herald & Review
- Scherer has huge lead in 96th District money race - The State Journal-Register
- Bernard Schoenburg: Potential for craziness in 2014 races - The State Journal-Register
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Facebook page
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Sue Scherer's Biography," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate list," accessed December 3, 2013
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Scherer, Sue," accessed July 24, 2013
- Sue Scherer, "Endorsements," accessed October 25, 2012
Darlene Senger (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |