Susan Bitter Smith
|Susan Bitter Smith|
|Arizona Corporation Commission|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Arizona State University|
|Master's||Arizona State University|
|Profession||Executive Director, Arizona-New Mexico Cable Communications Association|
is a Republican
member of the Arizona Corporation Commission
, the state body charged with regulating the state's utility companies.
Smith is the Executive Director of the Arizona-New Mexico Cable Communications Association, a position she has held since 1980. Born and raised in Arizona, she has served on the Scottsdale City Council and was Vice Mayor. She has been elected to two consecutive six-year terms on the Central Arizona Water Conservation District Board of Directors, and was a the first woman to serve as President of the Board.
- Bachelor's in Business Administration, Arizona State University
- Master's in Business Administration, Arizona State University
Arizona Corporation Commission (2012-Present)
Smith was first elected in 2012.
- See also: Arizona down ballot state executive elections, 2012
Smith ran for Arizona Corporation Commission in 2012. A total of three seats were up for election on the Arizona Corporation Commission in 2012. Incumbent Bob Stump and candidate Robert Burns ran in the August 28 Republican primary. Smith won in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona Corporation Commission General Election, 2012
|| Paul Newman Incumbent
|| Sandra Kennedy Incumbent
|| Marcia Busching
||Bob Stump Incumbent
||Susan Bitter Smith
|| Christopher Gohl
|| Daniel Pout
|| Thomas Meadows
|Election Results via Arizona Secretary of State.
|Arizona Corporation Commission-Republican Primary, 2012
|Bob Stump Incumbent
|Robert "Bob" Burns
|Susan Bitter Smith
|Election Results Via:The Arizona Secretary of State.
Incumbents Paul Newman and Sandra Kennedy, as well as Marcia Busching, ran in the Democratic primary. Smith won election in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Bitter Smith is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bitter Smith raised a total of $230,642 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Susan Bitter Smith's Campaign Contribution History|
||Arizona Corporation Commissioner
|Grand Total Raised
Susan Bitter Smith won election to the position of Arizona Corporation Commissioner in 2012. During that election cycle, Susan Bitter Smith raised a total of $230,642.
|Arizona Corporation Commissioner 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Susan Bitter Smith's campaign in 2012|
|Susan Bitter Smith||$1,330|
|John V. Berry||$150|
|Richard C. Shaw||$150|
|Mark E. Robson||$150
|Total Raised in 2012
|Total Votes received in 2012
|Cost of each vote received
|Source:Follow the Money
Smith is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Susan + Smith + Arizona"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Susan Smith News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Arizona Secretary of State "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Susan Bitter Smith for Corporation Commission, "Biography," accessed July 5, 2012
- ↑ Phoenix Business Journal, "Campaign season starts early for Arizona Corporation Commission," January 10, 2012
- ↑ Arizona Secretary of State, "2012 primary election candidates," accessed May 30, 2012
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Susan Bitter Smith," accessed July 8, 2014
| Political offices
|Arizona Corporation Commission
| Succeeded by|