|South Dakota House District 13|
|2009 - 2013|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Blake is a Democratic candidate for South Dakota Lieutenant Governor in the 2014 elections, running jointly with gubernatorial candidate and fellow state representative Susan Wismer. Blake is an Outdoor Challenge Course Facilitator. She is also a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Blake was a candidate for the South Dakota State House of Representatives in 2006 but was not elected. She was elected to the South Dakota House in the following election in 2008. She has served in that position since, representing the 13th District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Blake served on the following committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- State Affairs Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Blake served on the following committees:
Blake ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 13. Blake and Jesse Vavreck ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5. She then withdrew prior to the general election.
Blake ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 13 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Also running were Jesse Vavreck (D), Jesse Vavreck (R) and Charlotte Shaw (R). Blake and Brian Liss (R) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 13 (2010)|
|Susan Blake (D)||4,628||29.90%|
|Brian C. Liss (R)||3,807||24.60%|
|Jesse Vavreck (D)||3,534||22.84%|
|Charlotte Landon Shaw (R)||3,507||22.66%|
In 2010, Blake received $20,427 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Susan Blake's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota State Medical Association||$1,000|
|South Dakota Education Association||$1,000|
|Hansen, Keith & Margaret||$500|
|Homer, Kevin & Susan||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$20,427|
In 2008, Blake collected $17,895 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Education Association||$2,000|
|Equality South Dakota||$1,000|
|Carol and Richard Sisier||$500|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Susan + Blake + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Susan Blake
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Argus Leader, "All-female ticket for Democrats," June 25, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State's official list of state candidates, 2010
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2008 contributions to Susan Blake
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 13
| Succeeded by|
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |