|Attorney General of Wisconsin|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|J.D.||University of Wisconsin Law School|
Happ attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison from 1990 to 1994, earning a B.A. in journalism and Russian. From 1996 to 1998, she went on to attend the University of Wisconsin Law School, where she earned her J.D. Happ is a licensed attorney in the state of Wisconsin.
Happ was elected to the position of Jefferson County District Attorney in 2008 and won re-election in 2012. She became Jefferson County's first Democratic district attorney since 1938.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Happ's academic, professional and political career:
- 1990-1994: Attended University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A.)
- 1996-1998: Attended University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D.)
- 1998-2004: Associate Attorney at Monogue & Witt, S.C.
- 2005-2008: Attorney/Owner at Happ Law Office, LLC
- 2008-Present: Jefferson County District Attorney
Happ submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia regarding her political philosophy:
- "Wisconsin deserves an Attorney General who will bring justice to victims of crime, protect consumers and working families. I will be a leader in bringing our state together."
|Wisconsin Attorney General Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Primary Election Results.|
Happ is married to Dale Rupprecht and has one daughter, Haley. She enjoys running, reading and riding her Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Happ is also affiliated with the following organizations:
- Tomorrow's Hope, Inc
- Rotary Club of Jefferson
- Reducing Recidivism Coalition
- Jefferson County Community Coordinated Response Team
- Jefferson County Drug Task Force Steering Committee
- Domestic Homicide Prevention Review Team
- Jefferson County Heroin Task Force
- Jefferson County Chiefs & Sheriff Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Susan + Happ + Wisconsin + Attorney + General"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," February 17, 2014
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on July 14, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |