Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 11|
Harris ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 6th District. Harris sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was February 29, 2012. Harris faced Ethan Wingfield, Jeff Hunt, Spence Campbell, Mark Meadows, Vance Patterson, Chris Petrella and Kenny West in the May 8, 2012, Republican primary.
Because no candidate received more than 40% of the vote in the Republican primary election on May 8, 2012, a runoff primary took place. Harris was eliminated in the May 8, 2012, primary.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
The primary took place on May 8, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Susan + Harris + North Carolina + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- BlueRidgenow.com "Harris joins Republican race for District 11 congressional seat" Accessed April 27, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "Primary Election Results" Accessed May 9, 2012.
- Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results" Accessed October 10, 2012