|Minnesota State Senate, District 53|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kent served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education and Workforce Development|
|• Transportation and Public Safety, Vice-chair|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Kent won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 53. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated incumbent Ted Lillie (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 53, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ted Lillie Incumbent||47.8%||20,857|
Comprehensive donor information for Kent is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kent raised a total of $46,381 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 21, 2013.
|Susan Kent's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota Senate, District 53||$46,381|
|Grand Total Raised||$46,381|
2012Kent won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Kent raised a total of $46,381.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Susan Kent's campaign in 2012|
|3rd Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party New||$2,000|
|AFSCME Local 1842 City of St. Paul Technicians||$500|
|Minnesota Nurses Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$46,381|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Susan + Kent + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 25, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Follow the Money, "Kent, Susan," accessed December 21, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
Roger Chamberlain (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 53
| Succeeded by|