|North Carolina House of Representatives District 8|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Richmond, M.B.A.|
Martin earned her M.B.A. from the University of Richmond. She was employed by IBM prior to retirement.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Martin served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Public Utilities and Energy|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Susan Martin was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Bobi Gregory was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Gregory and Martin will face off in the general election.
Martin ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 8. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. She defeated Mark Bibbs in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 8, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Martin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Martin raised a total of $329,397 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Susan Martin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 8||$329,397|
|Grand Total Raised||$329,397|
2012Martin won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Martin raised a total of $329,397.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Susan Martin's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$115,807|
|Bone, Dale C||$7,000|
|Dunn, Billy R||$5,625|
|Forbes Jr, Vance T||$4,050|
|Friends of Ruth Samuelson||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$329,397|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Martin and her husband, Lew, have two children. They currently reside in Wilson, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Susan + Martin + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Martin, Susan Lynn," accessed August 29, 2013
Edith Warren (D)
|North Carolina House - District 8
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |