|U.S. House, Texas, District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||March 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor, San Marcos|
|Place of birth||Dayton, OH|
|Profession||President/CEO, Core Strategies Incorporated|
Narvaiz is the President and CEO of Core Strategies, Inc., a business that she established in 1997. She formerly served as Mayor of San Marcos, Texas, from 2004 to 2010. She has served on a number of boards and committees as well.
Narvaiz's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Sensible Spending Cuts
- Excerpt: "Just like many of us at home when there is less money we make adjustments. We get back to basics and we prioritize what are the important necessities for our daily living. Susan will work with all who are willing to make sensible spending cuts."
- Fair Tax Policy
- Excerpt: "Susan – a taxpayer since taking her first job as a waitress in Killeen, Texas -believes it is a privilege to live in America and pay her fair share. Susan believes all should pay some and would like to explore her ideas and your thoughts about tax reform."
- Veteran’s Promise
- Excerpt: "It is time to give all our Veterans the help and dignity they so richly deserve for sacrificing so much for all of us."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "With over 23 years experience putting people to work as a small business owner and as a job creator herself, Susan wants to remove the barriers that exist to encourage those in the private sector to get America back to work!"
- Immigration Reform
- Excerpt: "America is a country whose very roots and inherent strength comes from the very “melting pot” that molded us as a young nation. Let’s Secure our Border, Remove the Magnets that make illegal entry attractive and require a true Pledge of Allegiance that demonstrates that immigration is not just a change of address but a change of heart."
Narvaiz is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 35th District. Narvaiz won the Republican nomination in the primary on March 4, 2014, with no opposition. She will face incumbent Lloyd Doggett (D) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Narvaiz ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Texas' 35th District. She defeated Rob Roark and John Yoggerst in the Republican primary on May 29, 2012. She was defeated by incumbent Lloyd Doggett (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 35 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Lloyd Doggett Incumbent||63.9%||105,626|
|Libertarian||Ross Lynn Leone||2.5%||4,082|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Susan Narvaiz (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 12, 2013||$1,402||$1||$(1,031)||$373|
|July Quarterly||July 11, 2013||$373||$1,038||$(640)||$771|
|October Quarterly||October 11, 2013||$771||$32||$(756)||$47|
|Year-End||January 30, 2014||$47||$9,985||$(8,751)||$1,281|
|U.S. House, Texas District 35, 2012 - Susan Narvaiz Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,744,503|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,977,380|
|Top contributors to Susan Narvaiz's campaign committee|
|Sac N Pac Stores||$6,025|
|Engineering Safety Consultants||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Materials & Equipment||$8,466|
Narvaiz is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Susan + Narvaiz + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 35th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 35th Congressional District
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Official campaign Facebook website
- Official campaign Twitter website
- Austin American-Statesman, "Former San Marcos mayor Susan Narvaiz to run for Congress", November 11, 2011
- Campaign website, "About Susan," accessed January 28, 2014
- Campaign website, Issues
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Republican candidate list
- Unofficial Republican primary results
- Politico "5 primaries to watch" Accessed April 18, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Susan Narvaiz April Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission "Susan Narvaiz July Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission "Susan Narvaiz October Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission "Susan Narvaiz Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
- Open Secrets "Susan Narvaiz 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed April 2, 2013
- Project Vote Smart biography
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |