|Illinois House of Representatives District 54|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Bassi worked as a High School Teacher in Proviso Township District 209 Hillside from 1967-1976, and at Resurrection High School in Chicago from 1966-1967.
She is a member of the Palatine Township Republican Organization, Regular Republican Women's Club of Palatine Township, United Republicans for Palatine Township, American Association of University Women, Palatine Area League of Women Voters, and Palatine Business and Professional Women's Organization.
- Appropriations-Elementary & Secondary Education (Ranking Minority Member)
- Elementary & Secondary Education
- Infrastructure (Ranking Minority Member)
- Mass Transit
- Revenue & Finance
- State Government Administration
- Subcommittee on Appropriations for Elementary and Secondary Education
- Subcommittee on Minority Procurement
Republican Thomas R. Morrison defeated incumbent Bassi in the Republican Party's primary ballot on February 2, 2010. The upset victory of the challenger over the incumbent was described in a local newspaper as "stunning."
- Thomas R. Morrison: 5,405
- Suzanne Bassi: 4,538
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 54 (2008)|
|Suzanne Bassi (R)||34,598|
On November 7, 2006, Republican Suzanna Bassi won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 54 receiving 19,313 votes ahead of Democrat Jeffry Ketelsen who received 9,557 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 54 (2006)|
|Suzanne Bassi (R)||19,313|
|Jeffry Ketelsen (D)||9,557|
In 2008, Bassi collected $109,261 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$3,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$3,000|
|Rubina Realty Corp||$2,700|
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Suzanne Bassi (R) 54nd District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Suzanne Bassi Campaign Site
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bassi
- Pioneer Local, "Morrison stuns Bassi in 54th," February 2, 2010
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006," November 4, 2006
- Bassi Campaign Donors
|Illinois House of Representatives District 54
| Succeeded by|
Thomas R. Morrison
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |