Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate, District 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Carl Sandburg High School|
|Bachelor's||Illinois Institute of Technology|
Glowiak grew up in Chicago. She completed a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering at the Illinois Institute of Technology and a master's degree in Manufacturing Engineering from Northwestern University. Glowiak manages an engineering consulting company in Oakbrook, Illinois. She serves on the woman's committee, search committee, and properties committee at the First Congregational Church of Western Springs. She also served two terms on the Recreation Commission. She was elected in 2009 and 2013 as Village Trustee by the residents of Western Springs.
Glowiak's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As our nation climbs out of the worst economic cycle since the Great Depression, Suzy will work to ensure that Illinois is on the right path for economic growth. Suzy will invest in our state’s infrastructure, work to recruit and retain businesses in the 24th Legislative District and State of Illinois, and push for financial reforms that make Illinois a state in which people want to do business."
- Excerpt: "As a mother of three public school educated children, Suzy understands that no matter their zip code the Children of Illinois deserve a quality education. Suzy will support legislation that works to recruit and retain the highest quality teachers in the classroom, advocate for adequate funding for cash strapped suburban school districts, and fight to make college more affordable for all of Illinois Students."
- Excerpt: "Illinois is one of the most corrupt states in the Nation. Suzy will fight for ethics reform that restores the public’s faith in Springfield. Suzy will also support reforms to make state bidding processes more transparent, strengthen campaign finance laws."
- Senior Citizens
- Excerpt: "Suzy Glowiak understands the needs of our seniors. She will advocate legislation that protects our Senior Citizens in their golden years. Suzy will support homestead exemptions so seniors on a fixed income can stay in their homes, ensure seniors are not victims of fraud and support legislation that targets those who prey on senior citizens, and fight for quality healthcare for Senior Citizens."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Illinois State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Suzanne Glowiak ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Chris Nybo defeated Dennis M. Reboletti in the Republican primary. Glowiak and Nybo will face off in the general election.
|Illinois State Senate, District 24 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dennis M. Reboletti||41.1%||10,852|
Glowiak and her husband, Steve, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Suzanne + Glowiak + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- suzyforsenate.com, "About," accessed February 18, 2014
- State Universities Annuitants Association, "2014 Primary," accessed February 18, 2014
- suzyforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed February 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014