|Former candidate for|
|Alabama State Senate, District 30|
Josey's professional experience includes being a managing partner for Parapet Insurance Marketing, Inc. Life and Health Agency.
Josey's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Standing for Traditional Family Values, protection of our unborn children and strong constitutional principles will go a long way in making Alabama the strongest and best state in the nation for the people, by the people and of the people in Alabama as we return to the values and principles in which the Founding Fathers embodied as government was established.||”|
- Reduction of Government Spending – Government spending is out of control. We must begin to look at outside the box thinking to reduce wasteful spending, such as more privatization of government services and exploring biennial legislative session. If we continue to do the same things as we have always done, then we will get the same results! Smaller government is a more efficient government.
- Education – Families need to be empowered to make the best choice possible for their children’s education through educational choices. Competition for the tax dollars of the families will strengthen education in Alabama. We need to look at alternative ways to allow taxpayers to educate their children as they choose for their families, whether it be public schools, private schools or home schools. Teachers and students in Alabama deserve a safe and productive environment in which to teach and learn.
- Health Care in Alabama - We need to continue to support Alabama’s stand against the implementation of the healthcare exchanges. The Affordable Healthcare Act, or Obama-care, has been responsible for many Alabamians losing their current healthcare and/or even losing full time employment.
- Job Creation – New jobs will come as we expand infrastructure to make it possible for large companies to come to Alabama. While incentivizing large job providers to come to Alabama, we need to take a common sense approach with incentives to make sure Alabama is the winner in the long run. I also propose we invest more in Alabama’s small businesses through tax relief.
- Gun Rights – As a staunch supporter of our 2nd Amendment Rights to bear arms, I will support and defend all legislation to protect the strong gun rights in Alabama for protection and recreational use. Hunting and fishing are one of the largest industries in Alabama providing a large positive economic impact. Many families, as well as my family, in Alabama are avid hunters and fishermen. It is vitally important to protect the ability to pass this tradition down through the generations.
- Term Limits - Although our Founding Fathers decided representation of the people were best left to the vote of the people, they could never have envisioned the amount of money spent to elect and keep lifetime representatives of special interest groups. The day of the career politician must end. This is why, if elected, I will self-impose a two term limit in the State legislature if elected by the people of my district.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Clyde Chambliss, Jr., Suzelle Josey, Harris Garner and Bill Harris faced off in the Republican primary. Because no candidate received more than 50 percent of the votes, the top two vote-getters - Chambliss and Garner - met in a runoff election, which Chambliss won. Chambliss will face Bryan Morgan (I) in the general election.
|Alabama State Senate, District 30 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Clyde Chambliss, Jr.||49.9%||9,144|
Josey and her husband, Pace, have three children and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Suzelle + Josey + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Josey for Senate, "Biography," accessed May 3, 2014
- Josey for Senate, "Issues," accessed May 3, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- AL.com, "Alabama primary runoffs: Live results from select statewide races," July 15, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014