|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 6-5|
|2009 - 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Wizowaty earned her B.A. from Princeton University in 1977. She went on to receive her M.A. from Goddard College in 1985.
Wizowaty has worked as a Non-Profit Administrator for both Vermont Works for Women and the Vermont Humanities Council. She has also worked as a writer and as Parallel Justice Commissioner for the Burlington Community Justice Center.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wizowaty served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judicial Retention|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wizowaty served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wizowaty served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health Access Oversight|
|• Health Care|
Wizowaty won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-5. Wizowaty was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 3-5 General Election (2010)|
|Johannah Leddy Donovan (D)||2,401|
|Suzi Wizowaty (D)||2,354|
|Tom Licata (I)||871|
Comprehensive donor information for Wizowaty is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Wizowaty raised a total of $5,107 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Suzi Wizowaty's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-6-5||$3,702|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-6-5||$1,405|
|Grand Total Raised||$5,107|
2012Wizowaty won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wizowaty raised a total of $3,702.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Suzi Wizowaty's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,702|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Wizowaty was up for re-election, she collected $1,405 in donations.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Wizowaty voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Wizowaty has a partner, Joan Robinson.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Suzi + Wizowaty + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont House Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008