|South Dakota State Senate District 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|South Dakota House District 24|
|2011 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||Central Methodist University, Fayette MO|
|Master's||University of Missouri|
Perry earned his B.S. from Central Methodist University and his M.A. in Political Science from the University of Missouri. His professional experience includes working as a university faculty member and administrator at Ball State University (Indiana) and CEO of the South Dakota Public University System.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Perry served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Retirement Laws|
The general elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate will take place on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Ruth Rehn was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jeff Monroe defeated Tad Perry in the Republican primary. Rehn will face Monroe in the general election.
Perry ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 24. Perry was defeated by Jeff Monroe in the Republican primary on June 5. No Democratic candidates filed for election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Bob Gray (R) is retiring due to term limits.
|South Dakota State Senate District 24 Republican Primary, 2012|
|South Dakota State House, District 24 (2010)|
|Mark Venner (R)||5,635||36.90%|
|Tad Perry (R)||5,428||35.54%|
|Jodi R Owen (D)||4,209||27.56%|
In 2010, Perry raised $45,149 in contributions.
He contributed the most to his campaign, $1,294.
Perry and his wife, Carolyn, have four children and five grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tad + Perry + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota State Senate District 24
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Tad Perry on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," accessed May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Unofficial Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 11, 2012
- The Republic, "Monroe narrowly ahead of Perry in Senate District 24; race within margin for recount," June 6, 2012
- Mitchell Republic, "Rep. Perry seeks recount after narrow defeat," June 13, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Ryan Olson (R), Tim Rounds (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 24
| Succeeded by|