|Transparency grading process|
Tahlequah is a city in Cherokee County, Oklahoma, located at the foot hills of the Ozark Mountains. The population was estimated at 16,623 in 2008 by the U.S. Census Bureau. It is the county seat of Cherokee County.
- The current 2009-2010 budget is posted. 
- Agendas and minutes for the city council meetings are available. 
- Tax information  and license fees are available.
- Financial audits are not available
- No information on city contracts
- Lobbying information and ethics are not noted
- No information on public records
- Fees are not posted
Proposed e-cigarette ban
In November 2013, the mayor of Tahlequah, Jason Nichols, pulled a proposed city ordinance banning the use of electronic smoking devices on public property. Nichols said he would oppose the measure if it included such a ban. A prominent policy analyst in Oklahoma City also criticized the proposed measure. The Cherokee County Communities of Excellence Tobacco Control program sought such a ban as part of their tobacco control program. "This means that right now there is no pending ordinance against vaping in that particular city," Sean Gore, chairman of the Oklahoma Vapor Advocacy League, said. "It could also very well mean that those that wish to ban vaping are regrouping after coming up against a large amount of opposition they did not expect."