|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 14A|
|February 18, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||February 12, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Following her election to the House, Theis served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection Finance and Policy|
|• Government Operations|
|• Higher Education Finance and Policy|
Theis won election in the special election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 14A. The seat was vacant following Steve Gottwalt's (R) resignation on January 7, 2013. While three Republicans had initially filed, Theis won the nod at a GOP convention and the other candidate dropped out. Theis defeated Joanne Dorsher (D) and Todd McKee (I) in the special election on February 12.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 14A, General Election, 2013|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tama + Theis + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- SCTimes, "3 Republicans declare run for House 14A seat," January 7, 2013
- SC Times, "Republican candidate files for seat," January 15, 2013
- Politics in Minnesota "Johnson, Theis win House special elections," February 13, 2013
- minnesotaelectionresults.sos.state.mn.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 15, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
Tim O'Driscoll (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 14A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |