|North Carolina State Senate District 17|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina-Chapel Hil|
|J.D.||University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill|
|Profession||Attorney, Barringer Law Firm, LLP|
Barringer earned her B.S. and J.D. from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. She is an attorney with Barringer Law Firm, LLP.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Barringer served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations on Health and Human Services|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Judiciary I|
|• State and Local Government|
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Tamara Barringer was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Bryan Fulghum was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Barringer and Fulghum will face off in the general election.
Barringer ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 17. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8 and defeated Erv Portman (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Barringer is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Barringer raised a total of $372,393 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 28, 2013.
|Tamara Barringer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina State Senate, District 17||$372,393|
|Grand Total Raised||$372,393|
2012Barringer won election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Barringer raised a total of $372,393.
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tamara Barringer's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$131,605|
|Citizens for Richard Stevens||$5,500|
|Crumley, Bobby J||$4,000|
|Willard, Ralph R||$4,000|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$372,393|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Barringer and her husband live in Cary, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tamara + Barringer + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Barringer, Tamara P," accessed August 28, 2013
Richard Stevens (D)
|North Carolina State Senate District 17
| Succeeded by|