Tamara Harris Johnson
|Tamara Harris Johnson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Alabama, District 7|
Tamara Harris Johnson was a 2014 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 7th Congressional District of Alabama. She was defeated in the primary by incumbent Terri Sewell. She ran for judge on the Circuit 1 court in Alabama in 2012.
|U.S. House, Alabama District 7 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Terri Sewell Incumbent||83.9%||74,830|
|Tamara Harris Johnson||16.1%||14,345|
In the Democratic primary for the Circuit 1 on March 13, no candidate received 50% of the vote. Johnson received the most, with 41.79%. She was defeated in the primary runoff on April 24, receiving 42% of the vote.
- See also: Alabama judicial elections, 2012
Birmingham Bar Association ratings
- Highly Qualified: 5%
- Qualified: 16%
- Not Qualified: 19%
- Unknown: 60%
|Tamara Harris Johnson (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0||$10,039||$(7,071)||$2,967|
|Pre-Primary||May 22, 2014||$2,967||$5,819||$(8,653)||$133|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tamara + Johnson + Alabama + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Alabama's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Alabama's 7th Congressional District
- Abc3340, "List of qualifying candidates for major and local Alabama offices," February 7, 2014
- Politico, "2014 Alabama House Primaries Results," June 3, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Democratic Primary Candidates," January 20, 2012
- The Birmingham News, "Jim Hughey III wins Democratic primary runoff for Jefferson County Circuit Court Place 9," April 24, 2012
- Alabama Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Results - Unofficial," 2012
- Birmingham Bar Association, "2012 Judicial Primary Qualifications Poll," 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Tamara Harris Johnson April Quarterly," accessed April 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tamara Harris Johnson Pre-Primary," accessed June 2, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|