For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 61|
|April 16, 2014 - Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||April 11, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Zawistowski served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Planning and Development|
Zawistowski's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||We can work toward these goals by:
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Joe Doering was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Tami Zawistowski was unopposed in the Republican primary. Zawistowski defeated Doering in the general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives District 61, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Tami Zawistowski Incumbent||58.5%||4,898|
|Independent||Tami Zawistowski Incumbent||3.3%||272|
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 61, Special Election, 2014|
Zawistowki ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 61. Zawitowski ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Elaine O'Brien (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 61, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Elaine O'Brien Incumbent||52.2%||5,754|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "issues important to Connecticut's working men and women."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key environmental bills."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tami + Zawistowki + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- Connecticut House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut House of Representatives District 61
- House Committees
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Profile from the Connecticut House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Tami Zawistowski on Facebook
- Tami Zawistowski on Twitter
- Tami Zawistowski on LinkedIn
- tamizforthe61st.com, "Issues," accessed October 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official primary and general election results," accessed November 26, 2014
- remindernews.com "61st General Assembly District will hold special election April 11," April 3, 2014
- ctnewsjunkie.com "Republicans Win Special Election in 61st," April 14, 2014
- Official special election results submitted to Ballotpedia by Pearl Williams from the Connecticut Secretary of State's Office on May 15, 2014
- nbcconnecticut.com, "Special Election Planned for 61st Assembly Seat," February 24, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate list," accessed June 19, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed April 4, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 21, 2012
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
Elaine O'Brien (D)
|Connecticut House District 61
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |