Tammy Marie Siekmann
New Hampshire State Senate, District 14
Siekmann ran in the 2010 election for New Hampshire State Senate District 14. Siekmann was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on September 14, 2010, and was defeated by Sharon Carson in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|New Hampshire State Senate, District 14 General election (2010)|
|Sharon Carson (R)||11,350|
|Tammy Marie Siekmann (D)||5,131|
Siekmann's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will stand up for the people of District 14 and work tirelessly for continued economic recovery and job creation through tax credits, job training grants, and other incentives to help small and other businesses grow and create jobs."
- Small Businesses
- Excerpt: "I will work with the local and state government to provide tax incentives to small businesses that provide jobs to college grads that attend our colleges in NH. This will encourage our kids to stay and live in New Hampshire as well as boost small business jobs."
- Excerpt: "I believe we should promote programs like the Bridge Program in Londonderry, which allows high school seniors to take courses at a local community college which will apply toward their eventual college degree. However, parents must pay for the Bridge Program, and I will work to remove that burden from parents."
- Excerpt: "Our veterans should not feel like they are a burden to society but instead know that they have a place to go where they will be understood and provided with the care they deserve."
- Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "I will focus on creative solutions to improve the quality of life for our citizens, including increasing the supply of affordable workforce housing, improving access to affordable health insurance and health care, fighting for consumer protections, and maintaining and upgrading our infrastructure."
- Excerpt: "I support our state’s involvement in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative ("RGGI"), which will help us reduce carbon emissions and increase our investment in alternative energy and conversation."
- Efficient Government
- Excerpt: "Smart, effective, fiscally disciplined government is essential to our state’s economy. That’s why I will work with our governor to balance the budget, protect New Hampshire’s “Rainy Day Fund”, and make wise investments in our state’s future."
- Tammy Siekmann's official campaign webiste
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of 2010 primary election candidates for New Hampshire State Senate
- New Hampshire Republican Party's list of 2010 state senate candidates
- Project Vote Smart list of candidates for New Hampshire State Senate in the November 2, 2010 election
- 2010 Primary election results, New Hampshire