Nevada State Senate, Clark 8
Peterson's website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As the daughter of a middle school principal and the product of public schools, I know we need the best and brightest teachers in every classroom, and we need to ensure that our colleges and universities are accessible and of the highest quality. But that will only happen if we make sure the resources are there, something Governor Gibbons forgot during our last legislative session."
- Protecting Children and Families
- Excerpt: "I will make the laws that protect our children stronger. And there will be no second chances for people convicted of abusing a child. They will receive the harshest penalties possible. I will protect our families."
- Jobs and Environment
- Excerpt: "With a clean energy Nevada, we will not only leave a cleaner and safer planet for our children, but we will also create much-needed jobs here in Nevada. We need to foster an environment that welcomes and is hospitable to the renewable energy industry. This is not limited to renewable energy plants, but also the manufacturers of renewable energy equipment and materials. We can put Nevadans back to work by investing in renewable energy. We can and we must—it’s our responsibility."
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
Peterson defeated Mark Brandon in the June 8 primary by a margin of 2634-1,668. She was defeated in the November 2, 2010 general election by [Barbara Cegavske]] (R).
- Tammy Peterson's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Nevada