Tammy S. Robbins
|Tammy S. Robbins|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Nassau County Court, New York|
|Past position:||Law secretary|
|Past position 2:||Assistant district attorney, Nassau County District Attorney’s office|
|Undergraduate:||S.U.N.Y. at Albany|
|Law School:||Hofstra University School of Law|
|Candidate for:||Nassau County Court|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: New York judicial elections, 2014
| Robbins ran for re-election to the Nassau County Court.
Primary: She was defeated in the Independence primary on September 9, 2014, receiving 14.7 percent of the vote. She competed against Steven M. Jaeger, Caryn R. Fink, Terence P. Murphy, William J. O'Brien and Fran Ricigliano. Additionally, she ran on the Democratic party line, though there was no primary for that party.
General: She was defeated in the general election on November 4, 2014, after receiving 15.5 percent of the vote. She competed against Steven M. Jaeger, Caryn R. Fink, Terence P. Murphy, William J. O'Brien and Fran Ricigliano for three open seats.
Before her election to the court in 2004, Robbins served as a law secretary to first Judge Jeffrey S. Brown and then to Judge David J. Ayres. She also previously served as an assistant district attorney with the Nassau County District Attorney’s office for eleven years.
Awards and associations
- 2014: Norman F. Lent Award, Nassau County Courts Criminal Courts Bar Association
- Woman of the Year Award, Fraternal Order of Court Officers
- Fidelis Juri Award, Court Officers Benevolent Association of Nassau County 
- New York judicial elections, 2014
- Courts in New York
- Nassau County, New York
- Judicial selection in New York
- New York Courts, "Nassau County: County Court Phone Directory," accessed January 9, 2015
- Nassau County New York, "Primary candidates list," September 9, 2014
- Nassau County Democratic Committee, "Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Nassau County, “Board of Elections, Election Results,” accessed September 10, 2014
- Martindale.com, "Judge Profile: Tammy Schwitz Robbins," accessed January 9, 2015
- Gerstman, Schwartz, Malito, LLP, "Partner, Hon. Tammy S. Robbins," accessed January 9, 2015