|Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi|
|January 2012 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Phil Bryant (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Term limits||2 consecutive terms|
|2004 – 2012|
|Bachelor's||Millsaps College (Economics)|
|Place of birth||Rankin County, Mississippi|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political career
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Personal
- 6 Recent news
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Before becoming the state's lieutenant governor, Reeves was the first Republican treasurer in state history, serving in the position from 2004 to 2012.
Reeves was born in Rankin County, Mississippi. He holds a B.S. in economics from Millsaps College.
Reeves is a chartered financial analyst and a member of the CFA Society of Mississippi and the CFA Institute. He served as president of the National Association of State Treasurers (NAST) from 2006 to 2007.
Reeves was elected as state treasurer in 2003 and re-elected in 2007.
- B.S. in economics - Millsaps College
Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (2012-present)
Reeves has served as Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi since 2012.
Mississippi Treasurer (2004-2012)
Eleven state executive offices in Mississippi are up for election in 2015. The general election will be held on November 3, 2015, following a primary election on August 4, 2015. Runoffs are scheduled for August 25 in case no candidate receives a majority (50 percent plus one) of the popular vote in a given primary race. The following sections summarize filed candidates running for each state executive office on the ballot:
See also: Mississippi Auditor election, 2015
Public Service Commission (3 seats)
See also: Mississippi Public Service Commission election, 2015
Reeves won election as Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi in 2011. He faced state Sen. Billy Hewes in the Republican August 2 primary, and secured the party's nomination. Reeves then defeated Reform Party candidate Tracella Lou O'Hara Hill in the general election on November 8, 2011. No Democrats filed for the office.
|Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi, 2011|
|Reform||Tracella Lou O'Hara Hill||19.7%||157,547|
|Election Results via Mississippi Secretary of State|
|Mississippi State Treasurer (2007)|
|Tate Reeves (R)||436,833||60.53%|
|Shawn O'Hara (D)||284,789||39.47%|
Comprehensive donor information for Reeves is available dating back to 2003. Based on available campaign finance records, Reeves raised a total of $4,698,825 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
2007 and 2011
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Tate Reeves's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Tate Reeves's Campaign Contributions|
Treasurer of Mississippi
Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi
|Total Raised by General Election Opponents||$1,000 (Dem)||$1,501,249 (GOP primary loss)|
|Top 5 contributions||Mississippi Republican Party||$50,000||Mississippi Healthcare Association||$86,000|
|Excellence in Government PAC||$15,000||Mississippi Medical Assocation||$50,000|
|Butler Snow Omara Stevens & Cannada||$12,500||Ted Cain||$50,000|
|Hancock Bank||$8,000||Health Management Associates of Mississippi||$40,000|
|Stephen H Holley||$7,500||Electric Power Assocation of Mississippi||$32,000|
Reeves is married to Elee Reeves. The couple has three children together: Sarah, Elizabeth and Madaline.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Tate Reeves Mississippi Lieutenant Governor ."
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
- Mississippi lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2015
- Mississippi lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2011
- Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi
- Lieutenant Governor
- Office of Lieutenant Governor Tate Reeves
- Tate Reeves for Lieutenant Governor
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Tate Reeves on Twitter
- Tate Reeves on Facebook.
- Tate Reeves on YouTube
- Tate Reeves on Flickr
- MS News Now, "State-wide elected officials sworn in," January 5, 2012
- WCBI.com, "Reeves Touts 2014 Fundraising Efforts; David McCrae Announces Bid for State Treasurer," January 27, 2015
- Office of the Mississippi State Treasurer, "State Treasurer Tate Reeves," accessed May 7, 2011
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012 (Archived)
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Candidate Qualifying List," accessed March 4, 2015
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "November 2007 State Treasurer General Election Results," accessed April 29, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Tate Reeves," accessed July 17, 2013
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
- Project Vote Smart, "Tate Reeves' Biography," accessed February 9, 2015
Phil Bryant (R)
|Mississippi Lieutenant Governor
| Succeeded by|
| Succeeded by|
Lynn Fitch (R)
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |