|U.S. Senate, North Carolina|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. Senate
from North Carolina
. Alexander lost in the Republican primary to Thom Tillis
Alexander lists the following issues on his campaign website:
- Healthcare: "Our nation’s health care system is at a critical crossroads. That’s why I will support any and all efforts to repeal ObamaCare. Period."
- Economy & jobs: "I support a pro-jobs economic agenda to heal our nation. It’s time to get excessive government and burdensome regulations out of the way."
- Budget: "To heal our nation, we must alleviate the tax burden of American families, eliminate wasteful spending, and fight for a Balanced Budget Amendment."
- Family life: "Family relationships bring joy and meaning to life. That’s why I’m pro-marriage, pro-family, and pro-life."
- Education: "Learning takes place in the home and in the classroom, not in the offices of bureaucrats. That’s why I support returning federal education dollars to the state and local level."
- Constitutional freedom: "Americans of today are the inheritors of a brilliant founding document, written and ordained to “secure the blessings of liberty” to all generations of citizens of our nation."
- Energy & environment: "For the first time in decades, the United States is on the brink of energy independence. We must take advantage of this great opportunity. I support responsible domestic energy production in the United States."
- Service: "To me, the definition of leadership is service. I define leadership this way because as a Christian, I look to Jesus Christ as the model for leadership."
- Military & defense: "A peaceful world depends on clear and decisive leadership from the United States, and a strong United States starts with respect for those who serve to protect us."
- Community: "I support proven, results-oriented, faith-based initiatives and fostering more charitable work to lessen the burden on and role of government."
- See also: United States Senate elections in North Carolina, 2014
Alexander ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, to represent North Carolina. Alexander sought the Republican nomination in the primary on May 6, 2014, but lost to Thom Tillis.
|U.S. Senate, North Carolina Republican Primary, 2014
| Greg Brannon
| Mark Harris
| Heather Grant
| Jim Snyder
| Ted Alexander
| Alex Bradshaw
| Edward Kryn
|Source: Results via the North Carolina State Board of Elections
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ted +Alexander + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Ted Alexander News Feed