|U.S. House, Texas, District 8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
DeMatteo attended Villanova University and Clarkson College. He graduated and finished his schooling in 1979. DeMatteo went on to work for a top 100 Corporation. During this time, he worked in various assignments, including national defense projects. DeMatteo is currently owner of a security contracting and consulting company.
DeMatteo's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Balanced Budget
- Excerpt: "We must have a Balanced Budget. It will be a difficult task both physically and in trying to decide what is important to us as Americans but this must be a priority. Special interests must be eliminated and an end put to Pork Barrel Legislation which is no more than buying some ones vote."
- Reduce the Tax Burden
- Excerpt: "With a balanced budget and ending deficit spending we will be able to and must reduce the tax burden on individuals and small businesses. I am very much in favor of a National Sales Tax and a complete repeal of inheritance taxes. "
- Strong Military
- Excerpt: "A Strong Military is essential to our country. We do not need to be the policemen of the world but we need to be able to defend America from any threats at a moments notice."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "The Constitution must be upheld. Including our right to gun ownership. Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians."
- Sanctity and Dignity of all Human Life
- Excerpt: "The Sanctity and Dignity of all Human Life must be maintained form the moment of conception to our last breaths, without any prequalifications."
DeMatteo is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 8th District. DeMatteo is seeking election as an Independent. He will face incumbent Kevin Brady (R) and Ken Petty (L) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
DeMatteo and his wife, Nancy, have two children and one grandchild.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ted + DeMatteo + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 8th Congressional District
- [Candidate submission to Ballotpedia, December 19, 2013]
- Campaign website, "About TED," accessed January 21, 2014
- Campaign website, "On the Issues," accessed January 21, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |